Of all of the major hotel chains, Hilton Honors is by far the most consistent and generous with the promotions they offer. They constantly run promotions (typically without even a day gap between them), so that’s great for members.
While Hilton Honors’ current global promotion runs through January 5, they’ve just published the details of their next global promotion, which launches on January 6. So let’s recap the current promotion and then look at the next one.
Hilton Honors’ Power Up Promo (Through January 5, 2020)
First to recap, Hilton Honors’ current promo is called “Power Up.” This is valid for stays between September 9, 2019, and January 5, 2020. With this promotion you earn:
- Double Hilton Honors points on all stays
- Triple Hilton Honors points if you have a Hilton American Express Card
To crunch the numbers on this promotion, you’d earn the following number of points for stays, just factoring in base points and bonus points through this promotion:
- 20-30 Honors points per dollar (10 base points and 10-20 bonus points, depending on whether you have a Hilton Amex or not) at most brands
- 10-15 Honors points per dollar (5 base points and 5-10 bonus points, depending on whether you have a Hilton Amex or not) at Home2 Suite by Hilton and Tru by Hilton
The above doesn’t include elite points bonuses, which are based on the base points you’re earning:
- Silver members earn a 20% points bonus
- Gold members earn an 80% points bonus
- Diamond members earn a 100% points bonus
On top of that you can earn bonus points for paying for your stay with a Hilton Amex (the best credit cards for earning Hilton Honors points):
- The Hilton Honors American Express Card (review) offers 7 points per dollar spent with Hilton
- The Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card (review) offers 12 points per dollar spent with Hilton
- The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card offers 12 points per dollar spent with Hilton
- The Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card (review) offers 14 points per dollar spent with Hilton
For example, a Diamond member with the Aspire Card would be earning 54 points per dollar at most Hilton brands, which is spectacular, in my opinion.
Personally I value Hilton Honors points at ~0.5 cents each, so that’s like a ~27% return on stays, which is great.
Hilton Honors’ Points Unlimited Promo (January 6 Through May 3, 2020)
Hilton Honors’ next promotion will be called “Points Unlimited,” and this is the return of a promotion we saw from them earlier this year. This is valid for stays between January 6 and May 3, 2020. With this promotion you earn:
- 2,000 bonus points for every stay
- 10,000 bonus points after every ten nights
There are a few further things to be aware of:
- Registration is required prior to the first eligible stay, though previous booked nights qualify, as long as you stay during the promotion period
- There’s no limit to how many points you can earn
- There’s no minimum stay requirement
- All properties qualify
Personally I consider this promotion to be less lucrative than the current one, especially if you’re not constantly making short stays at inexpensive hotels. Since I value Hilton Honors points at ~0.5 cents each, you’re essentially earning a $10 bonus per stay, plus an average of a $5 bonus per night, in increments of 10 nights.
Ultimately Hilton’s points earning rates are pretty good to begin with, but to me this doesn’t compare to the double to triple points promotion that they’re currently offering.
Hilton Promo Summary
Hilton Honors deserves a lot of credit for constantly offering promotions. Their current promotion offering up to triple points is about as good as it gets.
Their promotion in the new year is a return of one from this year that’s great for those who make short and inexpensive stays, but otherwise it’s not nearly as lucrative.
Still, I appreciate that the promotion is at least valid at all properties, with no cap on how many points you can earn.
What do you make of Hilton’s new Points Unlimited promotion?
Non-Affiliate Product Disclaimer: The information for the Hilton Honors Aspire Card has been collected independently by One Mile at a Time. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
The post Register Now: Hilton Honors Points Unlimited Promo appeared first on One Mile at a Time
Source: local news